Hardc0re Fatality

Welcome to Hardc0re Fatality Gaming forums, please login or register to have the best possible experience in visiting our website.
Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hardc0re Fatality

Welcome to Hardc0re Fatality Gaming forums, please login or register to have the best possible experience in visiting our website.
Thanks!

Hardc0re Fatality

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to pAwn

THE FORUMS ARE TEH PWNZORS
-=HF=- Will not be using the source system until sh1ft can get a better computer. So were gonna stick to 1.6

I forgot my password

Sponsors

For all your Game server needs

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 1238 messages in 260 subjects

We have 117 registered users

The newest registered user is neil1145

Latest topics

» DismaLapse
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:10 pm by DismaLapse

» im back - 234
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:05 pm by Darken Rahl

» Minigame Map (stage 3)
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:51 pm by Monkey

» Is HF Over?
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:18 pm by Monkey

» YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK AT THIS.
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:18 am by GiantCucumber

» I'm playing with myself
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:21 am by ϟϟ Führer ϟϟ

» LOL FUNNY ASS SH1T SH1FT!
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 am by ϟϟ Führer ϟϟ

» Status Update
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm by ϟϟ Führer ϟϟ

» App for m0d- ouch
How not to be a noob at Cs:s EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:38 pm by Ouch

Store
Join Hardc0re Fatality

How not to be a noob at Cs:s

SoTa
    SoTa
    Almost there :)
    Almost there :)

How not to be a noob at Cs:s Empty How not to be a noob at Cs:s

Post  SoTa Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Here are a few tips for players just starting out.

Stick Together Team -
    The thing that got me killed the most when i first started out was that i would just run off on my own. This would almost always lead to my death. If you stay with your teamates they will show you where to go and point out the objectives. They will provide covering fire, they can help you out if you get cornered and they can also create a diversion for you to move in.

Follow the leader -
    Look at the scores of the players on your team and follow whoever is the best. By doing this you will learn how and when to move and also when to shoot. You will also be able to get some better weapons from the players he kills and you might be able to jack a few of his kills after he shoots someone a couple of times.

Modest Mouse -
    If you have a crappy mouse that uses a ball to move, it will get dirty and it wont be very accurate. Buy an optical mouse. I bought a very cheap one and it helped my accuracy by almost 10 percent. Optical mouses are more sensitive and responsive so they will be more accurate. Mess around with your sensitivity as well; you want it to be sensitive enough to turn around quickly but not so sensitive that its hard to line up your crosshair on the enemy; the best sensitivity is between 2-6.

Aim High -
    A lot of people will tell you to aim for the head when starting out, but i disagree. If you aim for the head you will get frustrated very quickly because it is such a small target and your recoil will cause you to shoot over it. So i say aim for the high-chest area. By doing this you have a larger target and chances are you will still get a few headshots. As you get better with your aim then you should start aiming for the head to get quick kills.

Burst -
    When using an AK or M4 never shoot more than 2 or 3 bullets at once, if your target is very close to you then you can fire a lot of bullets at once. If you shoot too many bullets at once the gun's recoil will cause your crosshair to move making it almost impossible to hit a far away enemy, so shoot like 1-3 bullets then wait a sec to fire a couple more. If your using and MP5 then you can fire up to 5 bullets at once and if your enemy is close then your can let it rip. All of the guns have different recoil so get farmiliar with each one.

Sitting Duck -
    If you are spotted by an enemy dont just sit there and shoot at him. Make it harder for him to hit you by strafing or by finding some cover. Strafe and shoot by running side to side: move left, stop, shoot, then run right, stop and then shoot. Jumping can also help, this will make it harder for the enemy to get a headshot.

Stealth -
    Only run when you are rushing or you are out-numbered and need to find some cover. If you want to sneak up on the enemy you must be quiet by walking or crouching and walking. If you run they will hear your footsteps and know where you are right away. Stick to darker areas and pick the CT or Terrorist model that will have the most camoflauge for the map you're playing.

Radar -
    One of the most under-rated and under-utilized things in CS is the good old radar, you know that green box on the top of your screen. The more you use this the better you will become. The little blue dots are your team-mates, this will help you so that if you hear someone around a corner and your not sure if its any enemy, just look at your radar. The red dot is the bomb, for the most part the best idea is to stay with the bomb and when that red dot begins to flash that means the bomb is planted, so if you are a terrorist make sure nobody is defusing and if you're a CT make sure u try to difuse it. When you are on a hostage map the purple dots on your radar are the hostages so make sure you try to find and rescue them.

How not to be a noob at Cs:s 87b776933ec4a5ae37c3365266768b678ab

Source: http://www.overclock.net/faqs/19371-opinion-im-counter-strike-noob-how.html